Sunday, January 20, 2013

catch-up! Whew! Small stones 1/17 to 1/20

1/17/13
She had no money and didn't know what she was going to do
when her daughter pulled up one day and dropped off three babies under five
with only a: "Take the damn things. I don't want them."
So she pulled out her sewing machine and started making them some clothes.
The next thing you know, she had raised them.
I have so much more than she does and also so much less.

1/18/2013
I dispersed the children off to school,
And then spent the afternoon collecting them up.
It reminded me of my grandmother... lost to Alzheimer's...
still trying to find her children at the non-existant bus stop.

1/19/13
The decrepit old man had to neglect using his cane
so that he can carry around a whole gallon of wine.
  I offer to help him, but he refuses my help.
He's trying to climb the rubber-tree plant.
He's trying to make off with a whole biscuit instead of just a crumb.

1/20/13
Cleaning out the attic makes me realize
how many of her things I never parted with.
The more I try to clear things out,
the murkier the water gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment